FAT GIRL LIFE

My battle of the bulge has begun once again in what I hope is the final chapter of this fat ass book called my FAT GIRL LIFE!

July 11, 2006

Weight Watchers anyone?

Alright, two full days on Weight Watchers and I've lost a pound. A good start. I'm back down to 252.

I am having real salt cravings right now. The last thing I need! I don't need the water retention!! I know most women carry around an extra 5 lbs of water weight all the time. I don't know if we ever really lose that!

I've been downloading a ton of weight watchers recipes from the web. I have some killer ones. I made One Skillet Beef Stroganoff for myself and the Mr. He loved it! It was really good! I have never really been disappointed by WW recipes so I think I'll be okay. I've done well so far on portions, I just have to stay away from chips & dip! My biggest craving right now!

Now, as for exercise, what is that?? Well, the Mr. and I have been walking some, but it's very hot and muggy here in the summer time so I have been talking to him about getting an eliptical machine for our room. We have a huge bedroom with a 96" tv on the wall. I could ride that eliptical machine while watching something on TiVo. Perfect! My endocrinologist told me that I would burn 500 extra calories if I did 30 minutes of eliptical as opposed to 30 minutes of treadmill. I'm up for that! I could lose buckets of weight if I get one and get on it 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I'd rather buy one than get a membership to a gym. I hate going to a gym as an super fatty while all the skinny's around me glisten and look beautiful while they work out. Doesn't do much for my self esteem at least. So, I'm gonna start looking around for an eliptical machine.

I'll be back around on Monday of next week, unless I check my weight and I've lost more and get excited and can't contain it!

5 Comments:

At 7/11/2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Speckledpup said...

glad to see you didn't just give up.
good luck with WW>

 
At 7/11/2006 11:32 PM, Blogger wilde_thought said...

Good luck with it all. My wife has taken off nearly 50 lbs. on weight watchers over the course of two years. There can be ups and downs. But reading your blog you seem like a person who'll succeed.

 
At 7/14/2006 1:30 AM, Blogger DogMa said...

OH I AM SO GLAD I FOUND YOU!

I weigh 252 also! I am 5'9'' and I am on oxygen. I have pulmonary fibrosis and gained 50 lbs. over like 2 months or so from the mega doses of steroids. I have to lose 40 lbs at least or they won't give me a transplant. I guess fat folks don't deserve them or something...

I kid. I understand why. So I am going to physical therapy, eating right, and trying to pick a diet (maybe weight watchers) that I can do.

I HOPE WE CAN DO IT!

(I better, it's a matter of life and...well you know!)

 
At 7/15/2006 1:00 PM, Blogger CP said...

I am rooting for you, love. I know you can do this. I have come to the conclusion that I have to take a few off myself. Despite loving my fat girl body, it's just not healthy. I've been too tired lately and I am certain it is due to the weight gain.


I am doing Weight Watchers online, because I don't have the time for the meetings...but I am disciplined enough to do it that way.

Then again, I did eat two donuts last night. Oy. Fucking PMS.

CP

 
At 7/17/2006 1:50 PM, Blogger Ms. M said...

speckledpup, I will never give up! I don't mind carrying around some extra weight, but this much is nuts! I gotta drop it like it's hot baby!

wilde thought, I've had my ups and downs on WW, but I did manage to lose 25lbs the last time I was on it before being put on some medicine that made me gain it all back! I'm a diligent beotch!

Mr. F, Yes, babe. 96" flat screen HDTV. I'd marry you, but Mrs. F and my BF might get pissed!

Dogma, Girl! I'm so sorry you have such health problems! WW is great because you get to eat real food. And you can do it online if you want rather than go to meetings. Tho, the meetings are good for inspiring you. They keep you honest! We'll do this together! Maybe you can join this blog and we can track our progress together online! Definitely seeing progress motivates you to keep going!

CP, OY, donuts! One of my biggest weaknesses! I'm much better about accepting my fat girl body, but my health needs me to be thinner. Which means, my favorite foods have to go bye bye or else get made over Weight Watchers style! Not such a hard thing to do unless it's for Fettucini Alfredo. That one just can't be made WW friendly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home